Setting up a Virtual Private Networking connection on a Mac is simple and also straight ahead. In the complying with actions we will reveal you the best ways to set up a VPN connection on your Mac.
Picking A VPN Service
In order to make use of a VPN service, you need an active VPN account. If you currently have an active VPN account skip this part and proceed reading from “Establishing a VPN Connection”.
When choosing a VPN service, prevent the “Free” alternatives due to the fact that they are sluggish, limited in data transfer, and also filled with advertising campaigns. Rather, select an affordable VPN service such as HideMyAss (HMA ). I use the HMA solution due to the fact that it is easy to use and also offers outstanding worth (I could utilize it on my iPhone and iMac at the same time without paying much more, as an example). HideMyAss‘s logging policy does not trouble me since I generally use it to view U.S. Netflix. There are many different VPN providers other than HideMyAss you can think about also, such as StrongVPN or PureVPN. Nonetheless, make sure you select a VPN service that offers many different servers in different nations, which isn’t really too expensive.
Setting Up a VPN Connection
We’ll now stroll you via the steps of configuring your system to connect to your VPN provider.
1. Open “System Preferences”, click “Network” under “Internet & Wireless”.
2. Press the “+” sign under left to create a new service. You’ll view a new window that resembles this:
Pick “VPN” from the “Interface” Select box.
3. Select “VPN” under “Interface”, and also type in a name in the “Service Name” text box. Under VPN Type, select the VPN type (protocol) your provider assigned to you.
The most usual VPN protocol is “PPTP”. Windows, Mac, as well as Linux all have built-in indigenous assistance for PPTP. The greatest advantage of using PPTP is you do not have to download extra drivers to set it up. In our case, we make use of “PPTP” which is just what HideMyAss VPN supports. Lastly, click “Create”.
4. You must see a display like the following:
In the “Server Address” field enter the address of the VPN server, then click “Connect”.
5. The “VPN Connection” window will certainly appear. Enter the username and also password your VPN service provider assigned to you and after that click “OK”.
6. In the “Network” window, choose the VPN service you just created on the left and also click the “Advanced” button. In the Advanced window ensure “Send all traffic over VPN connection” is checked.
Congratses! You have effectively setup a VPN connection on your Mac.
Click here to conveniently sign-up and setup HMA Pro VPN on your Mac.
Next off, you may wish to consider setting up a VPN on your iphone and ipad too.